In this Who We Are current unit, the Central Idea is Actions have Consequences that affect Personal and Community Safety. So the students are learning about safety. In these pictures, they were doing the Tuning-In activities in order to get the big idea of the unit. They looked carefully to the pictures that are related to something that could be dangerous. And Write what they see, think and wonder.
Posted on August 11, 2017
To support the concept of Safety, Primary 2 students will learn how to draw creatively with their memory, knowledge and imagination.
Here they can try different art tools to finish their project. They will try to change an ordinary sign into a new sign symbol. We also learn how to use our tools properly and how to take good care of them.
In English, we will be supporting our home room teachers with the UOI. We will be looking closely at an action that has consequences and how it affects us and our communities. We will be concentrating on how dangerous situation can have an impact on us and everyone around us. We will learn how to keep ourselves and others safe. At the end of the unit, we will write down things that pose a danger to us and how to avoid dangerous situations.We will also be focussing on our listening and speaking, reading and writing skills to successfully assess the unit.
Unit Of Inquiry
Central Idea: Actions have consequences that affect personal and community safety.
Key Concepts: Causation, connection, reflection
Related Concepts: safety, consequences, awareness, danger, action
Lines of Inquiry:
- What it means to be in danger
- Consequences of our actions
- The identification of potential dangers
To support the concepts of danger and safety, In English, the students are going to talk about a dangerous situation they found themselves in.
- identify dangerous situations.
- link their experience to a dangerous situation.
Mendengar dan Berbicara (Related Concept: safety, awareness)
- mendengarkan dan memahami pembacaan teks pendek dan puisi
- menceritakan kegiatan sehari-hari
Membaca (Related Concept: safety, awareness):
- Membaca teks pendek dan puisi
- Menggunakan kamus untuk mencari arti kata (connection)
- Menulis kalimat sederhana tentang kegiatan sehari-hari dengan menggunakan tanda titik. (Related Concept: safety, awareness)
- Able to describe my self in mandarin with correct pronunciation and tone
- Able to read hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about my self
- Able to write hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about my self
- Describes the use of thermometer to measure heat or temperature
- Reads a temperature shown by a thermometer
- Estimates and measures temperature of space or objects in surrounding area
- Solves problems related to temperature
Pattern and Function:
- Finds relationship between addition and subtraction
- Fills the unknown in a simple equation with a correct value
Whole Number (3 digit numbers)
- Represents numbers or quantties which are more than 100
- Read and write 3 digit numbers
- Represent numbers or quantities which are more than 100
- Identifies the place value and number value that construct a number
- Writes a number in expanded notation
- Compares and orders numbers or quantities
- Determines number which are some ones, tens or hundreds more/less than a number
Addition and Subtraction (up to 1000)
- Adds some ones, tens and hundreds to a number without regrouping
- Adds some ones, tens and hundreds to a number which requires regrouping
- Adds two 3-digit numbers with and without regrouping
- Subtracts some ones, tens and hundreds to a number without regrouping
- Subtracts some ones, tens and hundreds to a number which requires regrouping
- Subtracts a number from a 3-digit numbers with and without regrouping
- Solves problems involving addition or subtraction
Welcome to your class 2nd grader!
We are so excited to welcome you to our classes. We hope that you are too. This year we are going to have a wonderful journey throughout the year. Prepare for it and see you in the classroom.
Here we are, ready to ‘rock’ you in the classrooms!
Connection concept will be suppoerted in this unit. In this unit students will continue their lesson about airwave. They will learn more about airwave through songs, in C major.